Battle of Yorktown Pizza Places

Battle of Yorktown Pizza Places

In a place called Yorktown, there is no shortage of different destinations to get pizza. Between pizzerias like Oscar’s, Mima’s, Nonna’s, Yorktown Pizza and Pasta, Maria’s and Slice, it doesn’t matter if pizza is one of your all time favorite foods or just something you could eat, everybody in Yorktown has their favorite pizzeria in mind.

When asked how frequently you eat pizza, an anonymous resident of Yorktown replies  “not as often as I’d like.” While this may seem expected for somebody who lives in a town surrounded by a bunch of pizzerias, surprisingly, not all people in Yorktown feel this way about the food. “I have pizza at most like once a month or less,” states Marshall Garrido, a junior at the Yorktown High School.

Whether you have pizza everyday or once a month, it definitely doesn’t stop you from forming your own opinions about each pizza place. According to multiple students in the Yorktown High School, a pizzeria named Slice was nominated the number one spot for best tasting pizza. This location certainly has a lot to offer with their thin and perfectly crispy crust, to their stringy cheese and even their catchy, trendy name.

Although most of the Yorktown community believes that Slice is the best place to grab some pizza, another Yorktown community member Sophia DiFrancia would like to add why she’d have to call Oscar’s her “all time favorite.” She goes on to state, “none of the pizzerias are bad but Oscar’s perfected their plain cheese slice. It has the most amazing soft crust too.”

For many people in Yorktown if you have a favorite, then you have to have a least favorite. Sophia DiFrancia states, “It’s gotta be Yorktown Pizza and Pasta, it just has way too much sauce.” However, Sophia isn’t the only one with strong, specific opinions when it comes to how she prefers her pizza. A second Yorktown resident says their least favorite pizzeria in Yorktown would have to be Maria’s. “The slices are so huge you can’t even pick them up.” 

Of course not only does the taste of the slice matter, but also what you get for your money. While all of the prices are extremely close together having only a difference of twenty five cents, a slice of Maria’s pizza was over a dollar extra at almost five dollars for a single cheese slice. But this makes perfect sense since a slice from Maria’s is double the size of a regular cheese slice.

No matter how many pizzerias there are in Yorktown, most of the town sticks to their favorite, or the most generally well known in the town. Whether they have tried every single pizza place that Yorktown has to offer, or if they got lucky with the first eatery they went to, sticking with the place you love seems to work best according to multiple Yorktown students.