Girls Lacrosse Spotlight: Bruno and McEnroe Commit D1!
Categories:

Reese Bruno (RB) and Reileigh McEnroe (RM) are two girls lacrosse seniors who have committed to play Division 1 lacrosse in college. Here’s what they have to say about their lacrosse journeys and college.

What does this last season mean to you?

RB: This season means everything to me especially because of my senior year, and also because of the potential and growth we have developed as a team as I have been playing with some of these girls for years. We also have the capability to make it far and do even better than we did last year. 

RM: This last season has been incredibly meaningful to me. It’s a culmination of years of hard work, dedication, and growth. This season has allowed me to reflect on my journey, appreciate my teammates and coaches, and cherish the memories we’ve made together.

What was your best high school lacrosse experience?

RB: My best high school lacrosse experience for sure was winning the Section Final last year against Greeley, as it was truly such an unforgettable experience and feeling. We worked so hard and manifested the moment all season, as we played an extremely connected and tough game and came out on top in the end. I have never experienced something like that before so it was all very exciting. 

RM: My best high school lacrosse experience was winning the section championship my junior year. The thrill of the competition, the support from our school, and the sense of accomplishment was unforgettable.

What is the hardest challenge you’ve faced in your lacrosse career?

RB: Some of the hardest challenges I faced was especially this season as I kept getting extremely sick and had to sit out of 5 games, in which I am still recovering and trying to get back to normalcy. It was definitely hard for me as I felt it affected my playing and mental health. 

RM: The hardest challenge I’ve faced in my lacrosse career was overcoming a significant injury during the beginning of my senior year. This period of time has taught me valuable lessons about perseverance, the importance of a positive mindset, and the support of my teammates and family. Overcoming that challenge made me stronger and more determined and even more excited to play in college.

What does playing in college mean to you?

RB: Playing in college means everything to me as I am so grateful for this opportunity and being able to continue keeping the stick in my hand and continue my lacrosse career. 

RM: Playing in college means the world to me. It’s a dream come true and a validation of all the effort I’ve put into the sport over the years. It provides me with the opportunity to continue growing as a player and a person while pursuing my academic goals.

Why did you choose the college you chose?

RB: I chose Binghamton University for its great academics and team culture. I love my coaches attitude and everything that Binghamton lacrosse has to offer, as I am also able to go to a great school and pursue my major of choice. And I get to continue wearing green and white! 

RM: I chose my college because it offered the perfect balance of strong academics and a competitive lacrosse program. It also felt like home when I visited for official and unofficial visit.

What are your goals for the rest of your lacrosse career?

RB: For the rest of my lacrosse career I am aiming to work even harder in college and maintain my love for the sport, no matter what happens. To create even more friends along the way and accomplish new things.

RM: My goals for the rest of my lacrosse career include continuously improving my skills, contributing to my team’s success, and being a leader both on and off the field. My biggest goal though, has to be winning a national championship.

What do you have to say to the younger girls lacrosse players who aspire to play in college?

RB: For the younger girls who aspire to play college, I say to continue working hard, gain confidence and preserve as it is a tough process but things will work out and you will hopefully end up where you are supposed to belong.  

RM: To the younger girls lacrosse players who aspire to play in college, I would say: Dream big and work hard. Believe in yourself and never give up, even when faced with challenges. Dedication and passion are key—put in the extra hours, practice consistently, and always strive to improve.

We wish you both the best of luck in your college lacrosse journey!

Donate to The Voice

Your donation will support the student journalists of Yorktown High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.